Associated Charities

Mission Statement

To show LOVE and compassion, and better the lives of people through quality charitable service.

Statement of Purpose

To help and assist individuals and families in need within our community.

Board of Directors

AC Board of Directors

Cindy Dawsey - Director

Phillip Armstrong - Assistant Director

Dr. Peter Copeland - Secretary

Brenda Parrish - Treasurer

Annis Sexton

Maureen Maki

Ron Lane

AC Advisory Board

Rev. Jay Elkins

Brandy Campbell

Sponsors

Sea Coast Vineyard Church

Waymaker Ministries

The Chapin Foundation

The Lovely Law Firm

Beach Plumbing

SC Home Improvements

Patch Boys

Restoration 1

A-Z Glass Repair

La Zell's Florist

Corvette Club of Myrtle Beach

Our History

Associated Charities, Inc. was formed and began operations in 1952.  It was formed by Mr. Cliff Hammond.  Operations were started in various rental quarters within the City of Myrtle Beach, SC.  In 1965, land was donated and funds were raised from businesses, churches, and individuals to build a facility on 10th Avenue North.  In December 2000, the State bought the back third of the building to make way for the realignment of 10th Avenue North.  At that time, the organization began looking for a new home.  

In January of 2001, Associated Charities closed the 10th Avenue location and a building fund was created and generously supported by churches and individuals that made it possible to purchase a building at our present location, 742 Lumber Street in Myrtle Beach.  Our first 'Give-Away Day' was held on March 13, 2001.

At the outset and continuing today, Associated Charities Inc. has no paid employees.  The organization is run completely by dedicated volunteers who give their free time to help keep our programs going to meet the needs of our community.  During the first 35 years of operation, the local church community and several individuals generously supported our mission.  All donated items were given to those in need.